1. Apply LymeDefenses Repellent Spray products directly to your skin and/or clothing, your dogs’ legs, underbelly and back and ‘clothing’ (i.e. collar, walking harness, neck bandana, etc.) prior to enjoying leafy wooded and grassy habitat areas.
2. Effectiveness is based on scent. Apply often for best results.
3. Apply LymeDefenses Repellent Spray products directly on any visible tick adhered to skin or clothing, as this makes it easier to remove them.
4. For people, it is recommended to wear long pants and long-sleeved shirts when enjoying wooded and grassy habitat areas. Tuck your pants legs into your socks and your shirt inside your pants to prevent ticks from crawling inside your clothing.
5. A bandana around your dog’s neck sprayed with LymeDefenses Repellent Spray product provides an excellent barrier for ticks trying to crawl up to the neck, ear and face area.
6. Check your skin and clothing often for ticks. Wear light colored clothing to make it easier to spot ticks that may have adhered to your clothing, noting that ticks tend to climb upwards until they find an area of exposed skin that they can adhere to.
7. Check your dogs’ fur, ears, skin, eye lids and ‘clothing’ often for fleas and/or ticks.
8. Walk on pathways, sidewalks, or cut trails when possible and avoid low-lying brush or long grassy areas.
LymeDefenses 'Canine & Family-friendly' Flea & Tick Repellent Spray
Safe for both people (over 3 years of age) and canine companions (dogs) 10 weeks or older.
Fresh, clean citrus scent.
Ingredients: Cinnamaldehyde (0.16%), Lemongrass Oil (0.11%), Methyl Salicylate (0.09%).
Inert ingredients: Deionized Water, Glycerin USP, Cocoamphodiacetate, Poloxamer 188, Laureth-23, Citric Acid USP, DMDM Hydantoin, Cocamidopropyl PG-Dimonium Chloride Phosphate, n-Pentyl Acetate, d-Limonene, Myrcene.
LymeDefenses ‘Family-friendly’ Tick Repellent Spray
Safe for people (over 3 years of age). Not recommended for pet use.
Fresh, spicy cinnamon scent.
Active Ingredients: Methyl Salicylate (0.34%), Cinnamaldehyde (0.16%), Benzethonium Chloride (0.06%), Lemongrass Oil (0.01%).
Inert ingredients: Deionized Water, Polysorbate 20, Glycerin USP, Benzyl Alcohol, d-Limonene, n-Pentyl Acetate, Disodium EDTA, Myrcene, Aloe Barbadensis, FD&C Blue#1.
READ LABEL BEFORE USING. Retain packaging information / product literature for future reference. For external use only. Keep out of reach of children. Do not apply directly on open skin wounds. Shake well before using. Effectiveness is based on scent. For continued outdoor protection, apply every 1-2 hours.
Reapply after swimming. To apply to face, ears and neck area: spray hands and wipe over face, ears and neck areas avoiding eyes and mouth. Rub spray gently through hair/fur. For young children or pets or possible sensitive skin, apply a small amount of the product to skin to test before full use. Do not apply to children under 3 years of age or canine companions (dogs) younger than 10 weeks.
Warning: Keep out of reach of children. For external use only – do not ingest. Use only as directed. Do not apply directly on face, eyes, ears or any mucous membranes.
First Aid: If in eyes or near mucous membranes, may cause irritation. Rinse with plenty of water. If ingested, may cause abdominal discomfort and malaise. Contact veterinary / medical services if symptoms persist.
Storage: Ambient room temperature storage in original container recommended.
Expiration Date: All LymeDefenses Flea & Tick Repellent Sprays have a shelf life guaranteed for two years from date of purchase when kept out of extreme heat or cold. Reference Lot # on bottle.
Disposal: Do not reuse this container. Place in trash or offer for recycling if available.
Due to the risks associated with diseases transmitted by fleas and/or ticks, we recommend the use of LymeDefenses Flea & Tick Repellent Spray products and follow the precautionary tips noted above to help keep you, your family and your pets flea and/or tick-free. LymeDefenses Flea & Tick Repellent Spray products have been formulated and found to repel fleas and ticks but they do not guaranteed to control or mitigate all species of insects that may transmit diseases to humans or canine pets. Always seek professional medical services if you think you show symptoms associated with flea and/or tick-borne illnesses.
EPA Registration: This product has not been registered by the United States Environmental Protection Agency. LymeDefenses confirms that this product qualifies for exemption from registration under the Federal Insecticide, Fungicide and Rodenticide Act (FIFRA) section 25(b).
LymeDefenses stands behind the quality of every product we make. If ever a product doesn't meet the standards of quality you expect, we will gladly replace it or refund your money - whichever you prefer, less any shipping costs. The LymeDefenses Guarantee applies to all LymeDefenses products bought online, via email, fax or surface mail, or through authorized LymeDefenses retailers. Proof of purchase is required.